North Carolina State Ports Authority
Brian E. Clark
The mission of the North Carolina State Ports Authority is to enhance the economy of the State of North Carolina. The Ports Authority will be managed like a business, focused on the requirements of its customers. North Carolina’s Ports are recognized for self-sustaining operations, environmental stewardship, highly efficient workforce, satisfied customers, and modern, well-maintained facilities and equipment.
North Carolina Ports has convenient locations in Wilmington and Morehead City, plus an inland port in Charlotte. Our customer-focused approach offers shippers excellent port communication and customized service.
If you’re not yet working with NC Ports, here are our top 10 reasons why you should consider doing so:
- We’re customer-focused, with limited red tape that aids our commitment to helping new customers transition.
- We’ve got less congestion than other East Coast ports. Some may be larger, but they’re often MUCH busier.
- We’re equipped to handle ultra-large container vessels, thanks to our harbor enhancements and three neo-Panamax container cranes.
- Our turnaround times are quicker than those of other ports. In fact, we’ve got the fastest turn times on the East Coast.
- Our carriers do business all over the world, calling on ports in Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
- Our rates are very competitive, usually resulting in cost savings for you (and your customers, if that applies).
- We’ve got room for growth that will be tailored to the specific needs of our customers. If you need an accommodation, there’s a good chance we can make it happen.
- Our strategic plan is business-friendly, with the goal of providing you with a competitive advantage and more opportunity for profitability. We want to be your best business decision.
- Our infrastructure investment is designed to meet future industry needs, with some projects already done and more on the way. Recently, we added a new, 101,000-square-foot, on-terminal cold storage facility that can accommodate more customers than ever. And we’re working to double the annual throughput capacity at the Port of Wilmington to more than one million TEUs and triple our on-terminal refrigerated container capacity.
- Our location is second to none, with easy access to interstate highways and major railroads. North Carolina’s ports are within 700 miles of 70 percent of the U.S. industrial base.
To learn more about how your business can benefit by working with North Carolina Ports, visit ncports.com.