Untangling Supply Chain Challenges
Digitization and complexity present overwhelming challenges, finds a new Körber study.
- 91% of supply chain professionals cannot stay ahead of their challenges as manufacturing and fulfillment complexities continue to grow.
- 51% of businesses can only tackle one supply chain challenge at a time.
- 48% of supply chains saw complexity grow in the past year, driven by customer expectations and technology.
- 25% still rely on manual operations, even with Industry 4.0 solutions available.
Issues that most often contribute to complexity:
- 48% struggle with integrating and ensuring software, materials handling equipment, and technologies work together in the entire logistics ecosystem.
- 46% have the most difficulty integrating functions across the supply chain, from manufacturing to end-customer deliveries.
- 46% say meeting consumer expectations for speed, cost, and adaptability is their biggest challenge.