IN BRIEF: New Services & Solutions
- Safe Load Testing Technologies' new Tilt Testing Tool evaluates load stability for over-the-road transportation. Detachable for easy handling, the tool lets shippers validate a load's stability by tilting it.
- Shippers who want to remove lithium-ion powered recorders and trackers from their loads due to safety concerns have a new option with the Tive Solo 5G Non Lithium-Ion Tracker. Powered by nickel-metal hydride batteries, the new device is available in either a disposable single-use or multi-use option.
- DHL Express added four 767-300 Boeing Converted Freighters as part of its efforts to continue modernizing and growing its fleet with cost-efficient and reliable freighters. Boeing converted the aircraft from passenger to freighter configuration to fit the needs of DHL Express and meet the rising global demand for express services.
- Shippers can secure truck capacity and access Uber Freight's real-time pricing and tendering capabilities by integrating directly with BluJay's Transportation Management via API. The partnership between BluJay Solutions and Uber Freight aims to give businesses end-to-end visibility.
- BDP International, a logistics and transportation solutions company, launched BDP GO, a new self-service platform that provides shippers with instant freight quotes and bookings. It lets shippers secure FCL and LCL bookings, receive booking confirmation and applicable documentation, and track and trace cargo movement in real time.
- Shippers gain supply chain visibility with the recent partnership between TMS provider Alpega and project44, a multimodal visibility platform. The integration gives Alpega customers live shipment tracking and visibility data directly linked to the transportation order in Alpega TMS, providing real-time insight for improved shipment execution and exception management.
- Aptean, a software solutions provider, introduced Aptean Pay and Aptean eCommerce to support retailers' e-commerce transition. Aptean Pay is a cloud-native payment platform that allows businesses to accept digital payments from customers. Aptean eCommerce helps businesses launch an online storefront for B2B or B2C transactions, leveraging Aptean Pay as its payment platform.
- A. Duie Pyle expanded its Westfield Integrated Distribution Center in Westfield, Massachusetts, adding a 35,500-square-foot service center and an 8,800-square-foot fleet maintenance facility. Reopened on July 27, the expanded facility now features 53 LTL cross-dock doors to improve transit times.
- The Yale MTR007-F Heavyweight Handler makes loading and unloading flat-pack and odd-shaped items less time-consuming and labor-intensive. Yale Materials Handling's new solution uses a floor-level base support to slide under items and a tall, tilting load backrest to support them during transport.
- Gebrüder Weiss expanded its import consulting program in the United States. Gebrüder Weiss USA and its team of licensed professionals can help shippers with the U.S. import process, including tariff classification, invoice descriptions, valuation, country of origin marking, anti-dumping and countervailing duty, and intellectual property rights.
- Dayton Freight Lines, a provider of regional LTL transportation services, relocated its Nashville Service Center to a new facility to improve service to Tennessee shippers. The new facility has more than quadrupled in size for a total of 76 doors and is located off Highway 40, on the east side of Nashville.
- Small- and medium-sized manufacturers of frozen and refrigerated foods now have the option to work with a network of regional, family-run cold storage providers through a new program from RLS Logistics. The cold chain solutions provider created the joint venture to give shippers an entrepreneur-led alternative to larger providers.
- Designed to protect temperature-sensitive life-science products, Tempcell ECO is made from 100% recycled corrugated cardboard. Softbox's packaging system is constructed to create effective insulation layers that offer efficiencies similar to traditional expanded polystyrene parcel shippers.
Dachser Chile's weekly LCL service from Hamburg, Germany, to San Antonio, Chile, has seen a 35% increase in demand since launching in April. The service offers a 30- to 32-day port-to-door transit time.
- Yang Ming Marine Transport added two new 11,000-TEU container vessels: YM Triumph and YM Truth. Both vessels, equipped with 1,000 plugs for reefer containers, joined the Alliance's Trans-Pacific routes in August 2020.
- To increase cargo capacity, DSV expanded its air charter network, adding Macau (Hong Kong) to Mexico City; Frankfurt to Mexico City and Guadalajara (round trip); Hong Kong to Taipei; Taipei to Huntsville; Hong Kong to Seoul; and Seoul to Sao Paolo.
- OOCL is expanding its China to Southeast Asia service network in September 2020 by introducing the China Indonesia Philippines service (CIP). The CIP port rotation includes Shanghai, Ningbo, Da Chan Bay, Jakarta, Surabaya, Manila South Harbor, and Hong Kong.